Learn About the Rules & Regulations Regarding SMS Texting & Voice Messaging.
TrueDialog provides a software platform for businesses, educational institutions and non-profits to deliver SMS messaging, voice calling and email messaging. Our customers initiate and send all messages and are responsible for maintaining compliance with all laws and regulations. The following are some links to help you understand and maintain compliance:
The TCPA restricts telephone solicitations (i.e. telemarketing) and the use of automated phone equipment. The TCPA limits the use of pre-recorded voice messages, automatic dialing, and SMS text messaging and fax messaging. Without explicit customer consent, companies must adhere to strict solicitation rules, solicitors must honor the National Do Not Call Registry, and consumers may seek damages against a company that does not follow the TCPA guidelines.
The TCPA requires senders to obtain express written consent from the recipient prior to initiating SMS or voice messages via telephony. Consent may include electronic opt-ins via text opt-in or mobile keyword as well as online sign-up forms. Written consent may be also be obtained by paper sign-up forms explicitly describing SMS messaging content.
Nonsolicitation messages (e.g., internal communications, emergency alerts) require documented written or verbal consent.
- Solicitation messages may be sent only from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., recipient’s time.
- Messaging programs must allow opt-outs by any reasonable means, and senders may not restrict opt-out methods.
- Every TCPA violation is subject to a fine of up to $1,500 per message sent per recipient.
- Adult content
- Illegal or illicit drugs (e.g., marijuana)
- Alcohol, tobacco, or firearms
- Violence, hatred, or profanity
- Violate any copyright, trademark, patent or confidentiality agreement
- Messages that contain anything that could be construed as obscene, hateful, threatening, discriminatory, violent, libelous, defamatory, or immoral.
- Messages that contain any statement or material that TrueDialog informs the user that it deems objectionable.
- Messages that contain any links, malware or other application that could be harmful to another users computer or mobile device.
Ready to get started with a free trial?