SMS Coupon Campaigns
How To Create a SMS Coupon Campaign in the 3Seventy Platform
Creating a SMS coupon campaign is pretty straight-forward inside of the platform. It is just like a basic SMS campaign, but with the additional step of your coupon code setup. The setup defined here assumes that you are not integrating SMS into your point-of-sale system (POS), and that you’ve chosen to use 3Seventy’s coding system or that you’ve uploaded your own codes.
STEP 1 – SETUP THE BASIC INFORMATION
- Along the left navigation, choose “Manage Campaigns” from the Campaigns menu.
- Once the screen refreshes, you’ll see the “Create Campaign” button along the right side of the screen. Click on Coupon from the dropdown menu
- The campaign wizard begins. Fill in the basic details of your campaign:
- Name of the Campaign. Make it something specific, memorable, and clear
- Subscription should default to the one you use across your account.
- Coupon Type: Choose from Static, Dynamic or External
- Language should default to English, but if it does not you can click inside of the box to choose it.
- Static: This delivers the same coupon code to everyone your SMS message goes out to
- Dynamic: Our system creates a unique code per phone number/contact (10-11 digit Alpha-Numeric Codes)
- External: You can upload your own list of coupon codes
STEP 2 – PERSONALIZING YOUR SMS COUPON
The next step in the campaign wizard provides you an opportunity to personalize how your SMS coupon will work and look. If you choose a Dynamic Code, then you will see…
- Add a prefix to your coupon code. This is an optional step that allows you to add a static-fixed code to the beginning of your coupon code. It works on all coupon code types.
- Max Uses asks you to set a limitation on the number of times a contact can use a code. If you leave it set to zero, then it will be an unlimited number of uses for dynamic codes.
If you choose a Static Code, then you will see…
- Static Code: This is where you type in the SMS coupon code that you would like to use. Since it is a static code and you are most likely using it to reach a broad audience, make it easy for the customer to remember.
- Max Uses asks you to set a limitation on the number of times a contact can use a code. Make sure that this is set to at least 1 when you are using static codes.
The Advanced Settings are primarily for those integrating their POS into 3Seventy’s SMS platform. However, you can make use of the data validation tool. You may either set it to Static dates or Rolling dates. Either way, the dates will be inserted into your SMS coupon message.
- Static Date Validation sets up a specific date range when your coupon is valid (i.e. 10/1/15 – 10/31/15)
- Rolling Date Validation allows you to have your coupon be valid based upon the day that the contact texted in or that you pushed out the message to him/her. For example, if you want to offer all new SMS VIP Club members a discount then you might use this option. As someone texts-in to join your SMS club, he will receive a coupon that is valid for use beginning tomorrow and good for 7 days (Offset = 1 and Valid days = 7).
STEP 3 – ADD A MESSAGE TO YOUR SMS COUPON
The last step is very important. You see some dynamic placeholders inserted into your message before you even begin writing. Those placeholders are part of the setup you did in the first two-steps.
- Write your message. Make it easy to understand, stay within character count, and include a link to your website for offer details.
- Do not touch the placeholders for the coupon code or valid dates. If you do, then the code and dates will not appear in your message.
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT SMS COUPONS? REACH OUT TO US!
We’d love to hear from you and help you find the best solution for your needs.