New Feature: Contact Opt-In Form
One of the popular ways for clients to grow a SMS database is with an online form. This adds an extra step to your development work and could possibly slow down the launch of your SMS marketing program. Now you don’t have to build your own contact opt-in form, because 3Seventy has done it for you.
Customized Plugin for Gathering SMS Opt-Ins
We’ve built a simple plugin that allows you to generate a code for a Contact Form on your website.
When you log into your 3Seventy account, you’ll see a new feature in the left navigation called “Contact Optin Plugin”. When you click on that feature it’ll bring you to the screen seen above. This is a 3-Step Process to get it live.
1. Fill in the form with the short code and subscription (which are likely to be pre-set anyway). Then you can either upload your Terms and Conditions or link to the existing Terms on your website*. And click the Submit and Generate Code Button.
*Make sure your T&Cs include details about your SMS marketing program for compliance.
2. The code for your plugin will be generated in the box on the left. Copy it to your clipboard and email it to your website administrator.
3. Your website administrator will add it to your website, and you are LIVE. Ready to go!
As customers visit your website and enter their phone number into the form, they will be added to your SMS marketing database so that you can message them in the future.
Ways to Grow Your SMS Database
- Use a keyword on your SMS marketing campaign and promote it in other mediums (print, radio, digital, etc).
- Online form (like the contact opt-in form above)
- Over the phone with a call center
- In-person at an event
No matter how you grow your database, always make sure that you are including mobile compliance best practices.
We Want Your Feedback
This is a brand new feature, and we are all very excited about it. There are always ways for us to improve upon new features, so if you’re using it and want to provide some helpful feedback on ways to make it work better then please email us.